PICT relies on various complementary skills in biochemistry and high-throughput screening technology, biophysics, structural biology and chemical synthesis for:
- The design of chemical libraries and ligand synthesis.
- 3D structure determination of targets using NMR and X-ray crystallography.
- Molecular modeling and virtual screening.
- Ligand screening using biophysical approaches, NMR, and X-ray crystallography.
- Biophysical and thermodynamic study of target-ligand interactions (NMR, fluorescence, calorimetry).
- creation of enzyme diversity via rational, random and semi-rational approaches.
Depending on the strategy adopted and on users’ skills, the following services can be proposed:
- A complete service delivery performed by the engineers of the different facilities.
- Open access to specialized equipment.
- A collaborative contract for academic or private research laboratories. An industrial partnership.
PICT has received ISO 9001:2008 and and NFX 50-900 certifications. This certifies customers to quality with an emphasis on process control, accountability, traceability, and customer satisfaction.
A preliminary discussion between the customer and the project manager will assess of the project feasibility and define the best strategy to be adopted. After discussion with the different members of the platform who will be involved, the project framework, as well as cost evaluation and requirements with respect to the different facilities, will be established. Then, if the quote is accepted, different types of access to the platform can be proposed:
- An open access for which the user is asked to follow a training/course to be autonomous on the different equipment.
- A collaboration and/or a delivery of service with a more important involvement of the engineers of the platform. A projected calendar is then proposed. At the end of the study a report comprising the different steps is provided. The project manager warranties follow-up and work coordination.